The following list gives you an overview of Goettingen's graduate schools.
The Graduate School of Humanities Göttingen is one of four graduate schools at University of Göttingen. It unites all doctoral programmes and graduate colleges as well as the doctoral degree programme in Theology. However, most of our candidates work towards their doctorates in various study and research contexts independent of doctoral programmes in the traditional form of working individually towards a PhD.
• Website: http://www.uni-goettingen.de/en/44659.html
• Learning academic teaching: http://www.uni-goettingen.de/en/127348.html
The Göttingen Graduate School of Social Sciences (GGG) is designed for PhD students and supervisors of social sciences.
• Website: http://www.uni-goettingen.de/en/29938.html
• Qualification Courses: http://www.uni-goettingen.de/en/52233.html
• Events for international PhDs: http://www.uni-goettingen.de/en/550877.html
• Events by the Gender Lab: https://www.uni-goettingen.de/en/545876.html
In the winter semester of 2015/2016, the Faculties of Forest Sciences and Forest Ecology and Agricultural Sciences jointly established the graduate school to support (prospective) doctoral students and their supervisors at both faculties.
GAUSS combines PhD students from the five founding faculties Mathematics/ Computer Sciences, Biology/Psychology, Geosciences/Geography, Physics and Chemistry as well as from the medical faculty, the Max-Planck-Institutes for biophysical chemistry, for dynamic and self-organization, for experimental medicine and for solar system research, the German Primate Center and the German Aerospace Center as the non-university institutions with focus on mathematics and natural science in Göttingen.
• Website: http://www.gauss.uni-goettingen.de/?lang=en
• Qualification Courses: http://www.gauss.uni-goettingen.de/?view=courses
The Göttingen Graduate School for Neurosciences, Biophysics, and Molecular Biosciences (GGNB) was founded in 2007. The school is a joint enterprise between four faculties of the University of Göttingen (Biology, Chemistry, Medicine, Physics), the Max Planck Institutes for Biophysical Chemistry (MPI-bpc), Experimental Medicine (MPI-em), and Dynamics and Self-Organization (MPI-ds), and the German Primate Center (DPZ).
• Website: http://www.uni-goettingen.de/en/56640.html
• Events and Courses: http://www.uni-goettingen.de/en/veranstaltungen/56672.html
This online portal is a joint effort of the different graduate schools and mentoring departments of the University of Goettingen. You will find a number of events, classes and workshops here. The respective contact persons are listed in the column on the left.
• Website: http://www.uni-goettingen.de/en/542266.html